[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Feb 6 02:22:38 CET 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> And I am definitely not saying that should work.  Instead, I am just
> pointing out the kludgeyness of the [trigger] shortcuts.  No other
> language that I know has shortcuts for object/message/function names.
> Each object, message, or function has one name.

That's cause [trigger] is phoney shit that should've been deprecated since
Noah, because it's trying to do two jobs at once, namely the job of
ordering outputs, and the job of [b] [f] [symbol] [pointer] plus a few
quirks, without much of a reason. But I've said that before.

To me, the most compelling reason to abbreviate the triggers is that it's
the closest thing to making them disappear, among the things that I can do
without looking like I'm coming straight from the jMaxlavian refugee
ghetto.