[PD-dev] fftw3 (partconv~ ) and PD 0.39

Breitschädel Hannes BreitschaedelH at akg.com
Mon Feb 6 10:59:53 CET 2006

Hi All!

I have a very interesting external "partconv~" that performs a realtime
blocked convolution.
partconv~ uses fftw3.

Changing from PD 0.37 to PD 0.39 (Windows XP) the new PD reports
"could not load partconv~.dll".  I started debugging the external.
everything works fine until the point a function from the library fftw3.lib
is linked into the dll. In the code I just call a function of fftw3.lib at
a spot the program execution never reaches. if I do so PD fails loading the
external. If the function call is removed PD loads the dll and everything is fine.
this little test shows that there seems to be a linker problem,
probably a naming conflict or something similar. yet, neither linker nor compiler
report errors at any time.

Q:
Has someone partconv~ or a fftw3 based application running within PD0.39, Windows ?

Has someone discovered similar problems?

Is there a programming trick to get more infos or even get the thing running ?

THX a lot!

Hannes Breitschädel

*** Disclaimer ***

Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to that effect is included in this message.   The information is intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient and may constitute information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to retain, read, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have received this message in error, please notify sender by replying, then delete it immediately.