[PD-dev] compiling HID

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Feb 6 18:00:58 CET 2006

Its all just a directory tree starting at /cvsroot/pure-data, so it
seems somewhat arbitrary to specify a level at with each directory
should be a standalone module.  I do believe that there should be no
sources dependencies outside of /cvsroot/pure-data (headers and
libraries are a different story of course).

If you don't want to check out all of /packages/ (which is not big) you
can just:

cvs co packages/Makefile.buildlayout

I originally had a Makefile.buildlayout in each of the first level
directories (abstractions, externals, etc), but since they were all
exactly the same file, it was a maintenance headache and seemed like a
bad idea.

.hc