[PD-dev] Sqlsingle

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 20:15:55 CET 2006

Hi!

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:55:37 +0100
Georg Holzmann <grhPD at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> > This would be great!  Is a [sql] object possible that would access any
> > SQL database?  That would be even better.
>
> hm - what do you mean by any SQL database?
> I once made a simple abstraction to access SQL database with pyext and
> the python SQL Interface... if that would be useful I could search for
> it ...

Currently [sqlsingle] and my [psql] adaptation can only talk to Postgres databases. I presume Hans is alluding to the ability to connect to other servers such as MySql etc. I think this would be a good thing, but not something I could start immediately.

I was aware of the facility to do this in Python, but since there was already an extern out there I could easily adapt, I decided to opt for that. However, I would be very interested to see your abstraction, in part to compare the performance and functionality, and also to help with my Python, which at the moment is fairly non-existant.

BTW, what does LG stand for?

Jamie