[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 7 10:04:35 CET 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> That's cause [trigger] is phoney shit that should've been deprecated
> since Noah, because it's trying to do two jobs at once, namely the
> job of ordering outputs, and the job of [b] [f] [symbol] [pointer]
> plus a few quirks, without much of a reason. But I've said that
> before.

Maybe then it's best to just always only use "anything" and "bang" as
trigger arguments. You would retain the important role trigger plays
when ordering outputs without trigger trying to do type conversions
except converting to bang which would just be a handy shortcut to
avoid lots of [b] objects.

Ciao