[PD-dev] how math objects respond to a bang

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Feb 7 22:08:18 CET 2006

So I am just going thru the x_arithmetic.c math classes, and I found
that while most of them do respond to a bang, about 1/3 of them have no
method for bang.  I would like to add a bang method to all these.  I
can't see any problem with doing this, anyone else?  The new bang
methods would act just like the other math object bang methods: the
would output the last result.

These objects have a bang method:

+ - * / pow max min == != > < >= <= & && | || << >> % mod div

These do not:

clip sin cos tan atan atan2 sqrt log exp abs

Here's a patch to test this: