[PD-dev] Re: Restructuring of CVS/externals

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Feb 10 22:07:19 CET 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I was just fiddling with jMax last night.  The jMax version of [trigger]
> would be quite nice to have in Pd.  I like how you can stretch it when
> you need more outlets.

jMax's [fork] is weird because you can't stretch it in all versions of
jMax. I'm not sure it was even a bug: it looked to me like the feature had
been removed willfully.

Otherwise I don't want the stretching of [fork] to cause extra outlets to
appear, because I assume stretching an object doesn't change its
behaviour, which has a use in the case of [fork], because you can use that
in order to have outlets spaced the way you want.

I think that even though GF's [fork] only supports 2 outlets, it should be
as many outlets as one want. e.g. [fork 4] would make one with 4 outlets,
and $1 would default to 2.