[PD-dev] [relocate( message

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 11 06:56:17 CET 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Anyone know how to use the [relocate( message?  It seems to take two
> symbol arguments which are geometries like this: 234+534+123+345

replace the first "+" by an "x", so that you actually follow the syntax of
X11 "geometries". However pd doesn't follow the X11 standard completely,
as it doesn't accept 234x534-123-345 and such, which compute position from
the bottom and/or righthand edge of the screen.

> But when I try to send a message to a patch, I get "consistency check failed:
> canvas_relocate"

canvas_relocate says that whenever you get any of its arguments wrong,
which probably means that Miller doesn't want you to use it; but don't we
all know what happens to features that Miller doesn't want us to use...
;-)