[PD-dev] coloured patch cords

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Mon Feb 13 22:40:08 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> A real diff -uw is much more useful since you just apply it with
> patch,  no manual editing necessary.

I'm not experienced with automated patching, I suppose there would be
three diff files, one for each source file (g_canvas.c,  g_editor.c and
g_graph.c)? And what happens if someone else changes the source files in
the interim?

> Also, this feature was around in 0.36-devel, but no one ever ported
> it  forward.  I think it would be a nice preference to have.  The
> default  color could be black, but you could set audio coords to be a
> different  color if you wanted.  Also, it would be good to make the
> lines  anti-aliased too.  On Mac OS X, the audio-rate lines are
> already  anti-aliased.

Currently it looks as though the audio rate lines are of width 2, maybe
that's what makes them anti-aliased. Maybe all lines could be width 2
and the audio lines striped as in Max.
--or selected lines could go to width+2 instead of changing colour, also
as in Max.
Ideally each line would have a colour field in its struct so the colour
doesn't have to be recalculated, but that is a pd-wide adjustment. Also
the method I used for determining the colour seems to give mostly dark
brown and green lines, maybe a random colour would be better.

Martin