[PD-dev] CVS account submission

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Feb 14 23:46:04 CET 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> Hi Günter, hi list,
>
> I didn't expect you from removing your external, far from that. I wrote
> this "concat" as an exercise. It is not as polyvalent as yours. I
> apologize if I have been unclear about this. Now, please put it back for
> the benefits of the community.

I wrote it as an exercise too, so there is nothing lost. I never use it
myself and I don't think anyone was using it anyhow. And then, after
writing it I found out that concat was already existing as an object.
(Can't remember which library it was in, though, it wasn't in CVS).
So, I think there is nothing lost, and there are still other externals
like l2s for this task.

> Maybe there is also an other regular expression matching external ? It
> is not easy to find our way through all the classes that are hidden in
> libraries. The Pure Data Base is all right, but still, there is no class
> browser, for what no know, that has been implemented into the main
> branch of PD. Not yet. So, I didn't know this class existed and I wrote
> my version.
>
> For sure, I will take time to read a bit more about the CVS system, this
> repository content and I will grep through the .pd_linux to see what
> does and does exist before to upload anything.
>
> All right ?

I know that you didn't do it on purpose, and I am sure you wouldn't
have done it if you knew that the same external already existed.
If too many people step on your toes, even without purpose, it still
hurts. I have overreacted, sorry.

Günter

PS: Did you send your SF login ?