[PD-dev] Call for help: Pd-0.39.2-extended

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 12:26:03 CET 2006

hi hans, hi devs

> start working on Pd-0.39.2-extended.  I plan a number of big changes,
> like namespace support improvements, and moving to Tcl/Tk 8.4.12 on

i like the idea of namespaces (actually, i think, it's one of the most
important features, pd is missing), but i want to warn about
implementing them in one branch of pd only, since they are a change to
the pd language, not just another interpreter feature ...

a namespace, that's only a feature of extended, not part of vanilla,
devel or desire (yes, it seems, we already have 4 pd branches, although
devel and desire are closely related) would result in language
inconsistencies ...
ever had problems like: "this doesn't compile with gcc/msvc", "please
use (insert your favorite scheme interpreter here)" ...

imo a namespace should be implemented to all flavours of pd, not only
one ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
verbalizing.
  William S. Burroughs