[PD-dev] fink package

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Feb 20 02:20:09 CET 2006

There has been talk in the past about making a Fink package for Mac OS
X.  I think the time is ripe to make one.  Tigital has also been
talking about making an X11 version for Mac OS X, and I think it makes
perfect sense to combine these two efforts.

The Pd-extended build system is generalized enough that it should be
relatively straightforward to do this.  The biggest thing to do would
probably be making X11 a build option for Pd on Mac OS X, probably
using a ./configure flag (--disable-aqua?)

Any interest out there still?  I don't have any time to do this myself,
but I will be happy to assist anyone who wants to learn the ins and
outs of the Pd-extended build system as it is now.

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/