[PD-dev] poly voice stealing control

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 13:41:22 CET 2006

Hi,

I think there should be another way to turn voice stealing on/off for [poly] other than by its argument. The reason I say this is that for teaching purposes, when I am projecting onto a big screen, I like to be able to change things using big sliders, toggles etc, rather than by typing, which takes more time, and more prone to errors. It wouldn't be too hard to add a method for "steal" and "nosteal" or something like that. What do people think? Maybe there is an alternate object for doing voice allocation that supports this ...

best,

Jamie