[PD-dev] including [dssi~] in Pd-extended

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 27 13:02:03 CET 2006

Hallo,

> >If you wanted to (in time), I would be willing to maintain a more
> >complete set of DSSI plugins, but you may feel that this bloats PD-
> >extended.....
>
> Sounds ok to me, especially if you can get them working on all three
> platforms.  Just import the sources that you use into the pure-data
> CVS, so others can easily build Pd-extended too without having to
> download sources from a million different places.

I'm *very much* against putting sources for DSSI or LADSPA or VST or
whatever plugin into the pure-data CVS. To me it feels like trying to
put every free audio software there is into a repository, that is
intended to only hold Pd related stuff. For example we don't put the
sources for the Snd editor in Pd-CVS, even when there is a
snd-external, and we don't keep a duplicate copy of Csound just for
csoundapi~. Or a Ubuntu-mirror, because some of us ...

Lets try to focus on Pd stuff and not mirror the world.

Ciao