[PD-dev] pixelTANGO in CVS WAS: Re: [PD] some useful abstractions

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Feb 27 17:01:27 CET 2006

hi Andres,

I don't have time to try them out now, but they look very nice. I'm
especially interested in objects.pd what does it do exactly?

Anyhow to the devs, pixelTANGO has a slew of useful abstractions that
are there only to make the patching of the high-level GOPs easier,
things like [dirpanel] to choose a directory, and [dirlist] to read all
files that match a wildcard pattern in a directory and output as a list.

They don't have any help-files yet, so the pixelTANGO GOP abstractions
are the best documentation on how to use them.

So the question is, since these abstractions work outside of the context
of pixelTANGO, how should they be included in CVS? Right now they are
all in the pixelTANGO folder...

As we're talking about redundancy in externals what do you all think
should be done to reduce the problem of too many redundant abstractions?
  (specifically excluding such conceptual sets of abstractions, like
Frank's abstraction reimplimentations of externals)

Just thinking aloud again...

.b.