[PD-dev] d_soundfile.c MAXBUFSIZE

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 28 19:29:34 CET 2006

On some OSes (I needn't name names:) the system can hang if one asks
to malloc too much space.  This was a major cause of headaches for
people trying to use Pd to read large soundfiles.  Anyway, as you already
found, this doesn't affect the "soundfiler" object which has a settable
maximum.

cheers
Miller