[PD-dev] --with-portaudio=

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 5 03:17:50 CET 2006

This whole CVS/foreign sources discussion reminds me of the previous
issue of whether to keep portaudio and portmidi in CVS.  It seems to
me that a great comprimise would be to add a --with-portaudio= and --
with-portmidi= option to Pd's configure.in.  Then those who want to
use portaudio and portmidi different than what's stored in CVS could
easily do so.  And the rest of us would not have to think about
portaudio and portmidi at all since it would already be there when we
"cvs co pd".

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams