[PD-dev] including [dssi~] in Pd-extended

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Mar 5 11:42:44 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 20:20 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > right ... if one would want to automate a build process, it can
> easily
> > be done by adding the command to acquire the resources to the build
> > system ... (doing that with scons seems to be trivial)
>
> There is one major caveat to doing that:  it will not work at all
> with the Debian auto-builders.  No network access allowed.

having no idea about the debian auto-builders (gentoo ebuilds rely on
network access), i'd then suggest a simple script in the language of
your choice to set up the builder environment

- check out the pd sources from sf
- check out the revision controlled sources (e.g. portaudio) by tag,
branch or date
- download the tarballs of the released sources from the web

this way you can be sure, to have the latest pd sources and the external
sources, that you consider as stable, i guess, that's what you want,
isn't it?
but then the one, who decides, which version/tag/branch/date to use
(which would apply to both ways) should check the bug reports with
upstream, to avoid duplicate work ...

nevertheless ... from what i understand, you are not working on devel so
i guess, we're working on different sources anyway ... so do what you
think it's right ... i think the last few monthes have shown, that we
won't agree on this topic ...

cheers .... tim

--
TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
  John Coltrane