[PD-dev] sendOSC bug - cannot send numeric symbols

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Mar 7 07:50:36 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to send the symbol output of [makefilename %d] using sendOSC,
but it gets sent as a number instead of as a string.  If I use
[makefilename x%d] it is sent as a string, but I don't want that x
there.  Without looking at the source for OSCx, it seems that sendOSC
must be doing some conversion, which I don't want.

Any ideas?  Is anyone familiar with the OSCx source and can fix this,
sending all symbols as strings (and not sending symbols that look like
numbers as numbers)?

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org