[PD-dev] including [dssi~] in Pd-extended

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:09:42 CET 2006

I think that hc is really just trying to build an awesome package to
popularize pd.  I know it's a pain in the rear to maintain code and
manage source trees and such, but he has a serious drive to make this
obscure-as-all-hell program more relevant to laypersons and
non-programmers.  This saves you guys a TON of work actually, since
you won't be badgered by annoying newbie questions on the list re:
this stuff, if people can just click an install button.

If more awareness can be made about pd, especially with high-quality
plugins like ladspa and dssi, then people will be drawn toward it, and
we will eventually gain more users, developers, and maintainers, and
possibly more funding!  How could that be a bad thing?

My two cents (as a non-programmer).

~Kyle