[PD-dev] Pd-extended build missing headers?

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Wed Mar 8 12:24:57 CET 2006

On 7 Mar 2006, at 21:24, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> You need to download portaudio V19 and get the missing files from
> there.  Miller forgot to check them in, and he's been too busy to
> get to it.

Hmm it's not going all that well. V19 is available in CVS or snapshot
only. I downloaded pa_snapshot_v19.tar.gz and after copying file by
file for a bit, just substituted the 'portaudio' entirely. That
worked well (e.g. compilation proceeded), and I saw compilation
scroll for the darwin_app package.

However, it stops here:

/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _RingBuffer_AdvanceReadIndex
s_audio_paring.o definition of _RingBuffer_AdvanceReadIndex in
section (__TEXT,__text)

So. Linking problems? Is LD just playing with me?

I can't find anything that would've gotten mixed up, but I'll start
from a fresh cvs checkout if I need to.

Hans?

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios