portaudio link troubles WAS Re: [PD-dev] Pd-extended build missing headers?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 14:49:36 CET 2006

On Mar 10, 2006, at 7:10 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> now, the proble comes from the way apple declares (or not) math.h...
> since powf() used to be non-existant on older releases of os-X, a
> lot of
> workarounds have been introduced.
>
> anyhow, if your deployment thing does not work, try:
> entirely removing the block of lines19-25 (that's the __APPLE__ ifdef)
> in mtx_pow.c
> OR (if this doesn't work), replace this block with
> #define powf pow
>
> and report back :-)

...which means we should change the __APPLE__ to something that tests
for the specific versions of OSX that required the hack in the first
place....something like:

#ifdef __APPLE__
# include <AvailabilityMacros.h>
# if defined (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3) && MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED
 >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3
# else
//float intrinsics not in math.h, so we define them here
#define sqrtf(v) (float)sqrt((double)(v))
...etc...
#endif

...now, I guess it's time to go back and figure where to commit this ;-)

jamie