[PD-dev] gemlist and pdp packet format documentation

Tom Schouten tom at zzz.kotnet.org
Sun Mar 12 18:15:46 CET 2006

it's not really YV12, but it has the same layout.
the difference is that while the components in standard YV12 are
unsigned char, in the pdp packet they are 16bit signed integers, with
chroma (0,0) indicating gray scale.

it's one of these per packet.
the protocol for passing them within pd refers to the packets with
an integer id, and has 3 phases:

register_rw (if you want to modify it)
register_ro (if you want to only read it)
process     (the actuall process tick)