[PD-dev] "imports" section of CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 14 00:15:39 CET 2006

Hallo,

> A good example would be the DSSI stuff.  The fluidsynth plugin code
> would be in "imports" and the Windows and Mac OS X parts of the Makefile
> would include the source code in imports.  The GNU/Linux part would look
> in the standard system locations for that stuff.

Well, I guess I misunderstood what should go in imports, and maybe I
do have objections: I thought, "imports" was to be intended for
libraries, that are required by Pd externals and maybe Pd itself, but
not for standalone applications independent from Pd, as the DSSI
plugins are? The DSSI folks have their own Sourceforge project, they
have their own release system, and their applications are not required
to run Pd at all.

I'm still against packaging DSSI, LADSPA or VST plugins with Pd. If
the DSSI folks or Steinberg need help to provide binary plugins, then
that doesn't concern Pd and thus doesn't belong in the Pd CVS, IMO.
Everyone may feel free to give them a hand at ladspa.org or
dssi.sf.net but this has got nothing to do with Pd.

Ciao