[PD-dev] Re: SVN at SF

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 20 10:36:56 CET 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>>this is what i use for one of my current projects:
>>https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/iem/spatialization/CUBEmixer/trunk/src/libs/Makefile
>

> I'm just browsing this repository a bit: It is very responsive. Is
> this indeed the new Sourceforge SVN? Amazing.

yes it IS sourceforge svn.
i think it is so repsonsive, because nobody else is using SVN yet.
once projects start using, it might become as slow as cvs.

the real cool thing is, that there is no developer-svn vs. anonymous-svn
anymore, so everyone can get the latest and greatest checkout without a
time delay.

the bad thing is, that there is (yet, sf is working on it) no ACL mechanism.
so i don't think that it is a doable option right now for puredata.
(otoh, how many people have tried to commit things to subtrees where
they shouldn't ?)

migration from CVS is really a bit painful (it was the first time i did
it, so it was probably me) and the iem-cvs had almost no branches/tags
(as opposed to the puredata-cvs)

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes