[PD-dev] Re: [hid] crashes Re: [PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Mar 23 10:23:23 CET 2006

Hallo!

moved to pd-dev ...

>> Ok, please send info.  Bug reports are most appreciated, as much info
>> as possible, and a Pd console log too.  Its hard to tell what's going
>> on from "I used hid and it crashes".

I tried now to debug it:

the problem seems to be in hid_get_events:
in the while loop hid_input_event.type is 0 at the second key wich is
read ... so the problem should be somewhere in the read function, but I
didn't figure out why ...

the first key-event is read correct ...

hear a console log with some custom debug messages:

-----------------------
in while-loop
EV_KEY: 1, read-type: 4
event_names[hid_input_event.type][hid_input_event.code] != NULL
print: msc msc_scan 31
in while-loop
EV_KEY: 1, read-type: 1
hid_input_event.type == EV_KEY
after hid_convert_linux_buttons
after hid_convert_linux_keys
print: key key_s 1
in while
EV_KEY: 1, read-type: 0
output 3 events

CRASH

Let me know if you need some other information or if you have an idea ...

LG
Georg