[PD-dev] pixelTANGO & pd-extended

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Mar 31 00:52:50 CEST 2006

Hey Hans,

So I've removed pixelTANGO's dependancy on pyext. I've converted
pt.layerfx and pt.filelist to be pd-extended happy. I just need to do
pt.entry and we should be good shape.

pt.entry needs to know where the fonts are installed, so thats why I'm
bringing this up on pd-dev.

I could put fonts in extra/pixeltango/fonts, and make the abstraction
reflect that, but since the fonts are just ttf and therefore shared by
Gem and perhaps other apps to it makes sense to move these into a more
general location.

#1. Where to put them?

#2. How to access them from inside a pd patch? (using getdir)

If they are in extra/fonts looks like we can get at them from an
abstraction with this:

[bang<

[getdir]

[makesymbol %s/../../fonts/*]

Or any brilliant ideas about finding the system fonts in a standard way
that works accross all platforms?

Hans, I can't commit my changes for some reason, cvs.sourceforge.net is
not accepting connections, I'll keep trying..

.b.