[PD-dev] Re: [PD] [folder_list]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 31 07:36:42 CEST 2006

Hallo,

> There are two reasons that I made it output each file separately.
> First, to make it similar in interface to [qlist] and [textfile].
> Next, and more importantly, most file processing is going to happen
> on a per-file basis, at least in my scripting experience.  For
> example, you might want to step thru a list of files and test which
> is bigger than 1MB, or which is a directory.

I have directories with very many files (like $HOME with all it's
dotfiles. Building a list of all names would generate a huge list. I
think it's better to output them sequentially instead of making this
huge list.

> But yes, the completion bang should be added, and is planned...  then
> it would work really well with an [until].

Agreed.

For making a list out of the names, you can just use: [list]X[t a] in
Pd. Using [list]--- filter somehow---X[t a] this could filter out
unwanted filenames prior to building the list.

Ciao