[PD-dev] file library WAS: [folder_list]

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Fri Mar 31 18:04:59 CEST 2006

Hi Ben,

On 31 Mar 2006, at 15:18, B. Bogart wrote:

> (I just now realized you can specify an object name as an
> abstraction argument, wow that is really cool:
>
> [compare > 10]

Huh. I didn't realise that either. That -is- cool.

> Any way to get the PD transparency and performance of C/Flext
> without development and debugging taking forever? I heard of
> something that takes any C library and automagically generates a
> python interface so all the functions are available in python.
> Would this is possible for PD? take an existing lib and port each
> function to PD objects? (automagically)

Are you referring to SWIG? I've been thinking about using SWIG with
PD for some time, but was afraid to try...mostly because I wanted to
use ruby while bypassing Gridflow, to create standalone scripts for
pd using its libs.

I'd be willing to collaborate in this effort. Do you have some idea
of where you want to begin?

David Casal
Researcher, Department of Computing
Goldsmiths College, University of London
Office : +44 020 7078 5151
Mob   : +44 07803 173959