[PD-dev] generating the standard library: techniques

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Fri Mar 31 18:07:09 CEST 2006

Hey

On 31 Mar 2006, at 16:42, carmen wrote:

>> If we want a lot of functionality fast then python seems like the
>> best
>> solution
>
> it would be great to have bindings to all the POSIX stuff like fopen
> () etc , instead of semi-featured inconsistent frontends to a few
> pieces here and there like the [sprintf] external in cyclone or the
> [popen] external or bits of fopen() in soundfiler..maybe it can be
> generated with SWIG.. since stuff like python just hooks into the
> same things, i dont see why PD cant do it without a middleman..

Ah. different thread ;-)

Ok but so same question : has anyone SWIGged pd standard libs to a
scripting language?

I'd like to try this in either SWIG-->Python or SWIG-->Ruby (ruby is
much nicer to teach, and way easier to learn, IMHO).

David Casal
Researcher, Department of Computing
Goldsmiths College, University of London
Office : +44 020 7078 5151
Mob   : +44 07803 173959