[PD-dev] file library WAS: [folder_list]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Apr 1 02:21:29 CEST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, David Plans Casal wrote:
> On 31 Mar 2006, at 15:18, B. Bogart wrote:
> > (I just now realized you can specify an object name as an abstraction
> > argument, wow that is really cool:
> Huh. I didn't realise that either. That -is- cool.

I'm using some of those in the PureUnity framework, but I'm not taking
that feature so seriously until I can also pass a variable number of args
(e.g. starting at $3 until the args) to an object constructor inside an
abstraction.

> Are you referring to SWIG? I've been thinking about using SWIG with PD
> for some time, but was afraid to try...

We're using SWIG to connect LTI to Ruby so that it becomes easier to
connect to Pd, because of GridFlow.

> mostly because I wanted to use ruby while bypassing Gridflow, to create
> standalone scripts for pd using its libs.

Why do you need to bypass GridFlow, especially because you end up with
depending on SWIG instead? Depending on SWIG isn't much more "standalone".