[PD-dev] Gridflow & pd-extended

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sat Apr 1 08:15:16 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I would like Gridflow to be part of Pd-extended on Mac OS X. We almost
got to compile Gridflow on OSX 10.4. Mathieu told me that James Tittle
has succeded in compiling Gridflow on OSX 10.3. As Gridflow is now
self-contained in a single directory, it is now easier than ever to
include it in a packaged distribution of pd-extended. Also, this would
probably mean incuding Ruby 1.9 as well in the pd-extended package.

That being said, there are still changes in Apple's Quartz API that
makes the port to OSX 10.4 difficult. We are still getting errors when
trying to compile it. Some fixes have been made to the CVS, but still,
there are constants that have the same name than GF constants in Quartz.
(or something like that, got to get back to the code to see exactly
what) So, do you guys think that a GF version that has been compiled on
OSX 10.3 would work on OSX 10.4 ? This could be a dirty solution to
these littles bugs. Otherwise, let's keep chasing the name clashes.

Then, if we finally get it to work on OSX 10.4, would it be a problem to
incude Ruby 1.9 in the package ? If so, it would mean that we would
expect our users to install Ruby 1.9 from CVS in the command-line and to
set their PATH accordingly. That's a bit ankward in my opinion.

Thanks !

Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net

BTW, did you try the GF-Gem bridge ?