[PD-dev] Re: file library WAS: [folder_list]

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Apr 4 18:09:16 CEST 2006

Hans:  see?  I told you this would come up!  ;-)

On Apr 3, 2006, at 11:43 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
> Anyone else able to make pd-extended and gdb play? I'm just running
> the
> binary in .app/MacOS
>
> I don't know what else to do if gdb things the process is ending
> normally, but it is a crash.... :(
>
> This is on OS X only.

...the main problem you're seeing is incorrect naming...apple
requires both the application name and the binary name to be the same
before it'll load it into gdb...I've talked with Hans about this, but
he has been very reluctant to change, at least in the near term with
these "RC*"-releases...

...I think that the naming should go like this:

PureData.app/Contents/MacOS/PureData

(note:  the Info.plist will also need to be changed:
CFBundleExecutable and CFBundleName)

...this has the added benefit of making it more easily
distinguishable from "Pd"/"pd" when looking at top...

...in order to distinguish between versions, there are the
CFBundleGetInfoString/CFBundleShortVersionString/CFBundleVersion
plist values that can reflect "0.*-extended-RC*", just like all other
OSX applications...

jamie