[PD-dev] mayer_realfft usage within flext

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 6 04:20:41 CEST 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 13:25 +0100, David Plans Casal wrote:
>>> I'm trying to use pd's own fft routines in an object I'm trying to
>>> help develop and release, built with flext.
>> are you serious about that? using the fftw library would be several
>> times faster than the mayer fft ...
>
> He's trying to be retro to remind himself of the days back when
> pastel and
> fluo were fashionable and Miller used Mayer FFT... oh wait, Miller
> still
> uses Mayer FFT.
>
> btw GridFlow now supports FFTW as [#fft].

If someone would do the configure.in/FFTW work, then Pd-extended
would be built with FFTW as the native FFT.  Tim's existing patch is
already included, but there is no way to enable it yet.

It seems to me that if ./configure finds FFTW, it should enable it
automatically.

just my two bits..

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
                                               -David Zicarelli