[PD-dev] "object" lib

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 7 06:55:48 CEST 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 11:13 PM, carmen wrote:

>> Would you like to elaborate on that?
>

> i'd just rather not see a bunch of workaround hacks packaged with
> the 'object' prefix, i think it should be reserved for something
> builtin. for an example of this, see Ruby's "Object" object..

> diagram of the day: http://rhg.rubyforge.org/images/
> ch_object_classtree.png

Pd is not an object-oriented programming language, so a classtree is
totally irrelevant.  There is no inheritance whatsoever, for example.

I don't think that Pd should have inheritance, its a totally
paradigm.  We should think of it that way.  Its as Object-Oriented as
any procedural language.

____

publicity.

                       - Bill Moyers