[PD-dev] "object" lib

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 8 19:57:20 CEST 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> At the level of methods, inheritance wasn't implemented, so Thomas
>> Musil
>> hacked his own thingy so that he could reuse some code (but it's
>> not a
>> generic thing that can be transported outside of pd).
>
> DOH, errata:
>
>> generic thing that can be transported outside of iemgui, to be
>> used by
> pd classes in general).

The implementation is not the language.  In the Pd language, there is
no inheritance.  The implementation could very well have
inheritance.  I believe that Thomas included some form of inheritance
in flext, but that does not mean that Pd has inheritance.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                                      -Stewart Brand