[PD-dev] MSVCP71.dll and GEM

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sat Apr 8 21:14:55 CEST 2006

I've been working on a newer build of GEM for Windows using VS 2003.  On
certain machines the following error occurs when attempting to load Gem.dll:

This application has failed to start because MSVCO71.dll was not found.

We usually purchase Dell machine here and they all have this DLL installed
but the Shuttle that arrived yesterday does not.  MS states that it is part
of the C++ runtime library.  I have not found anything in the build settings
which explicitly mentions this DLL so it must be a part of some lib or API.
Here's what I link into GEM:

OpenGL + glu
GLEW
freetype
FTGL
DirectShow
Quicktime
Pd 0.39.1 from Miller
and the usual MS stuff

Has anyone had a similar problem?  Also, short of disabling every feature
and loading the DLL hundreds of times, what can I do to trace the linkage on
Windows?