[PD-dev] Compiling pd against Tcl/Tk X11 on Darwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 11 00:33:18 CEST 2006

A Fink package of Pd-extended would be quite nice.  Tigital has been
talking about it because it would be faster and the GUI will use less
CPU.

The C code will probably be easy to get going, but there is going to
be some added checks on the Tcl/Tk side of things (pd/src/u_main.tk
aka pd.tk).  Basically, the GUI only checks the OS not the Windowing
engine.  So you'll have to add checks to pd/src/u_main.tk.  In an
installed app its known as bin/pd.tk, but its the exact same file.

This is the command you'll need: tk windowingsystem

which returns one of

  aqua
  win32
  x11

tk::mac::useCGDrawing is a Tk/Aqua-only command, so that might be the
only change needed.

.hc