py crash WAS Re: [PD-dev] Re: file library WAS: [folder_list]

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Apr 11 11:24:17 CEST 2006

Am 11.04.2006 um 00:52 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> All are fresh downloads of the binaries from your site.  This
> happens with Pd-0.38.4-extended, Pd-0.39.2-extended-test1, and the
> new build with fresh downloads.

The binaries are not up to date and i'm sure that the relevant fixes
have been afterwards. Please try the cvs versions. Building the stuff
is a cinch.

> Have you tried with Pd-extented and that org.puredata.pd.plist
> file?  I have reproduced this on 3 or 4 Mac OS X machines by
> installing Pd-extended, installing the included
> org.puredata.pd.list, starting Pd and loading a [py] or [pool] object.

Yes, I tried and i will do once again when i find the time. Please
note that I don't use the Pd-extended build (because i'm rather using
Pd-devel) so i can't follow the problems associated with that.

> Mac OS X doesn't catch the crash, so it doesn't pop up the crash
> dump.  Any other way to get it?

What about the proposals Jamie made?

greetings,
Thomas