[PD-dev] "object" lib

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 12 07:30:12 CEST 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > generic thing that can be transported outside of iemgui, to be used by
> > pd classes in general).
> The implementation is not the language.  In the Pd language, there is no
> inheritance.  The implementation could very well have inheritance.  I believe
> that Thomas included some form of inheritance in flext,

The presence of inheritance (and substitutes for inheritance) in the
implementation of the language suggests that there should be inheritance
in the language itself.

Thanks for restating what I was already saying in the mail you were
replying to:

> On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> > Pd doesn't have inheritance, but

Now why are you trying to explain to me that Pd doesn't have
inheritance???