[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1469910 ] Stack overflow with Data Structure arrays saved in patch

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 18 17:08:07 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> hmm, the array-bug-full.pd is very much the same as array-bug-empty.pd

Hm, I cannot try this, because SF is down for maintainance
(grrrrr...), but both are supposed to be the same patch, however one
should have been the patch saved with a big array in [pd grid], the
other should have an empty [pd grid].

> anyhow, a quick workaround for this problem would be to rise the
> MSTACKSIZE (in m_binbuf.c:383) to a value that fits your needs.
> this however is no solution, as the problem will be just moved to some
> point further away.

Well, for now I can also delete the contents of the subpatch before
saving as a workaround, however I don't understand, why I am able to
create such an array when Pd is running, save the patch, but then the
same array will make Pd refuse to reopen the patch again.

Pd should at least be able to load everything that it can create and
save.

Ciao