[PD-dev] net objects

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Mon Apr 24 19:25:51 CEST 2006

cyrille henry wrote:

> hello,
> this is what i was looking for to control a lanbox dmx controler.
> send object work, but i have problem with receive objects :
>
> cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wshadow
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch
> -I../../src -o udpreceive.o -c udpreceive.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors

If you take out the Werror it should compile.

> udpreceive.c: In function ‘udpreceive_read’:
> udpreceive.c:49: attention : pointer targets in passing argument 6 of
> ‘recvfrom’ differ in signedness

Otherwise changing the line
    int                 fromlen = sizeof(from);
    socklen_t           fromlen = sizeof(from);
will cure the problem.
socklen_t is defined in sys/socket.h, or ws2tcpip.h on MSW.

> make: *** [udpreceive.pd_linux] Erreur 1
> cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wshadow
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch
> -I../../src -o tcpreceive.o -c tcpreceive.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> tcpreceive.c: In function ‘tcpreceive_connectpoll’:
> tcpreceive.c:196: attention : pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
> ‘accept’ differ in signedness

Here again changing the line
    int                 fromlen = sizeof(from);
    socklen_t           fromlen = sizeof(from);
will cure the problem.

> make: *** [tcpreceive.pd_linux] Erreur 1
>

> could this object be found on the cvs?

No, I don't have write access to the cvs. I'll post the corrected code
today here: http://puredata.info/Members/martinrp/netobjects
Of course anyone is welcome to put the files in cvs...
Martin