[PD-dev] net objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Apr 30 23:10:00 CEST 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> no i am fine with that, it is always good to learn something.
> i had a hard time to find a short and pregnant name for the object and
> when i finally found [relay] i was quite happy.
> however, i will be happy to use a better name if somebody finds one...

[route2] makes it clear that this is supposed to be a variant of [route].
I don't think of the appended "2" to be sooo clever, but I prefer that
rather than choosing another word.

OTOH, I *did* call [shunt] what used to be called [demux] because of a
name conflict. We were used to semantics of jMax's [demux] and that's what
available in [shunt]. I don't know whether I'd still take the same
decision if I had the occasion to.

IMHO, having super clear names isn't that important as long as help files
are just a click away. Eventually, help will be zero click away, given
enough tooltips.