[PD-dev] font tests Re: [PD] Re: thoughts on manuals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 3 16:06:30 CEST 2006

Andre Schmidt wrote:
> (sorry if double-post, the last didnt seem to get on list, waited 2h)

it seems like you have replied to both the pd-dev and yourself; the
intelligent server has therefore suppressed the email-delivery to you
(since you already got your email)

> heres how (pure) pd-0.39.2 looks on dapper now (on the left)
> http://osku.de/pd/foo/pd-dapper01.png
>
> it, and other tk progs that used courier, looked "normal" (with good
> looking courier) couple days ago, so i assume its not "you" who broke
> things...

well, it is not exactly what i am seeing (it seems like you are just
missing anti-aliasing)

this is what i get
http://iem.at/~zmoelnig/pd/pdfonting.png
(the canvas-labels are really the fonts that i applied to them)

a few days ago, all objects used the same font as you can now see in the
menus.
installing some xfonts (was it xfonts-base or xfonts-scalable?) made the
objects look better (normal??) again...so i assumed it was me upgrading
my xserver and eventually missing/deinstalling some fonts...

mfg.adsr.
IOhannes