[PD-dev] net objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu May 4 18:39:10 CEST 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> It should be memorable.  If you can remember the object name, then the help
> file is not going to help you.

Oh yeah?

Interestingly, one has to know the object name in order to
right-click-Help.

but I'm not just talking about writing patches. I'm also talking about
reading them. If you see [242.mikr0s0ft] in a patch and you've never used
it, the help file is going to help you. What if you remember seeing the
name but don't recall what it does? that can happen both when writing
patches and reading them.