[PD-dev] ...a more reasonable suggestion

Federico xaero at inwind.it
Fri May 5 23:17:37 CEST 2006

would be nice an embedded text editor for pd patches.
yes, I mean an editor to see/edit the patch source file directly, and
that is visually linked in both directions [source/gui], so selecting
and object would locate its code in the editor, and editing the code
would react the changes to the object itself.

this is more handy for some tasks, e.g. I want to re-create dynamically
an object with pd-win-messages.... or insert new objects interactively
by typing the code... :) (maybe I have some programs that can generate
sequential garbage of text more quickly than CTRL+C,CTRL+V,edit... hehe)

more nice would be some way to access portion of memory by other
programs, in order to let external C programs modify a patch in
puredata.... but I think this is still "sci-fi"

all the best

--
Federico