[PD-dev] CVS/SVN @ iem (was Re: [GEM-dev] CVS...)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu May 11 04:38:35 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, David Plans Casal wrote:
> On 9 May 2006, at 11:32, geiger wrote:
> > The principal problem seems to be the host, not CVS. So finding a better
> > host could solve that problem.
> Other than IEM (sorry if I assume wrongly here), do we have any other offers
> or candidate hosts?

Artengine.ca is a possibility starting next month and as long as I don't
have to maintain it much more than doing what is needed to integrate the
thing in our own services (mailing-lists, etc)

So I'd hand out a user account to, say, Günther and/or some more people.
How does SVN manage user perms? Or CVS? Is there a way to be safer than
:pserver: but without requiring setting up system-wide accounts for all
~55 developers?