[PD-dev] new developer - jasch

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 11 08:19:22 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>
>> You will have to be careful about nameclashes. You may also find that
>> several of your externals already have an equivalent under another
>> name in
>> Pd.
>

> Nameclashes aren't such an issue with namespaces/Pd-extended.  But yes,

i think matju did not mean _these_ nameclashes (correct me if i'm
wrong), but rather _those_ where a max object and a pd object share the
name but not the functionality.
which would give you a false sense of security of a successfull
patch-conversion.

> its good to avoid needless nameclashes.

it's also good to avoid necessary nameclashes.

mfg.vser.
IOhannes