[PD-dev] linux: finding what functions are using the most CPU usage

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri May 12 14:36:28 CEST 2006

Hey all,

I'm trying to get my patch installation ready and I'm seeing weird CPU
spikes that seem to be unrelated to what is happening in the patch, I
don't see any pattern, it just jumps to 100% once and a while, and stays
there for longer and longer.

I don't think its a memory leak (anyhow I'm only using half my ram ATM).

Is there a way to do the OSX "shark" thing, to profile what functions
are using all the CPU cycles so I can narrow down this issue?

I tried valgrind, but that seems really memory management stuff...

Thanks all.
b.