[PD-dev] linux: finding what functions are using the most CPU usage

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri May 12 14:46:15 CEST 2006

On 5/12/06, B. Bogart <ben at ekran.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to do the OSX "shark" thing, to profile what functions
> are using all the CPU cycles so I can narrow down this issue?

The closest equivalent to Shark is probably Intels vTune ($$$), but AMD
makes a free profiler called Code Analyst which they offer for Windows and
Linux.  I use it on Windows and while it's not nearly as good as Shark, it
does give you a better idea about what is going on.  You don't need to do
anything special to the profiled app.

http://developer.amd.com/calinux.aspx#a